Tuesday, August 30, 2011
The last few days have been really interesting. Especially last friday. It was amazing to hear Elder Arnold. And most of the Zone conference was in Español. I think the most I like out of what he said was, " I want all of you to think of one thing you want to change and we´ll write it on the board. I want you to write down everyone of these things... By the next time you meet with President Callan I want to all of you to have changed. The bar has been raised again... I hate sin, I don´t even want to be around it" Well, That possible for him, but not me or my companion or all the other missionaries here in Paraguay. -The last time I would like to share with you was part of his testimony, "I don´t have to see Christ to know him." I have never heard that before. It had made me want to be that strong in the Gospel. To be able to say that with complete truth behind it. It would have to be the hardest thing to do in this world.
And yesterday I did a division with one of the members and we taught a lesson on Hope. All the family said was that they hoped for a strong family. We taught them that it is only through the restored Gospel, that our families are the closest. I really enjoyed it. It was weird without Elder Butcher being there. I was the only one that spoke english. I was not afraid, I just couldn´t say more. But I don´t worry about that. And I don´t worry about not understanding all that was said to me. But, I won´t be held accountable for not knowing everything right now. I am still learning and will continually all 2 years.
I didn´t write a letter last week because I couldn´t send one last week. (We didn´t have district meeting). And I haven´t recieved 2 letters for 3 weeks now. But that´s alright, I´ll be patient. I have to wait anyways.
Well, my spanish gets better and better everyday. I can understand a conversation (not all...yet) and have a general concept of what is said. -Reading the Libro de Mormón everyday is helping alot. And I write in spanish (I have a journal specific for this), and I study grammer. But I didn´t bring my other grammer book here. I accidently left it in the MTC. But whenever I think of that, I remember the blessing I recieved from Dad. "You will have everything you´ll need" If I have to I´ll find a grammer book here. I have another grammer book that the MTC gave me. I think I´m alright.
It´s getting HOT here. It´s not even summer yet but I´m sweating really bad. It´s about as hot as is gets in Utah right now. The humidity is not fun. But whatever, I´ll just drink alot of water. It´s all part of the experience, right.
Time is up now, I´ll send a letter tomorrow. Bye for now.
-p.s. I sent Spencer a e-mail. Have him check his email. Thanks
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment